Tips for IPMAT Applicants

The IPMAT (IPM Aptitude Test) serves as the gateway to the 5-year Integrated Program in Management offered by the IIMs. This unique program allows students to join IIM immediately after completing their 12th standard. This article will guide you on effectively clearing the exam. The IPMAT scores account for 65% of the total weightage, while the remaining 35% is based on personal assessment.

To begin your preparation, start with solving previous years’ papers. This will give you a clear understanding of your current standing and help identify your strengths and areas that need improvement. You can then allocate your time more efficiently to each section based on this analysis.

To excel in the quantitative section, a strong grasp of the concepts is crucial. Practice at least 50 questions per chapter to solidify your understanding. If you encounter difficulties, seek out online video resources for additional help. Remember, competitive exam questions may appear complex, but strong fundamentals can simplify them. Don’t be intimidated by tough questions; take a moment to recall your basics. Keep a notebook for jotting down formulas, tips, and tricks as you study. Prioritize high-weightage topics like algebra, data interpretation, and arithmetic, and focus on improving your speed once you have covered most topics.

For the verbal section, concentrate on reading comprehension and grammar. Since the vocabulary is vast and unpredictable, it’s more practical to read editorial sections from newspapers, focusing on the overall theme and the author’s intent rather than each word’s meaning. Also, revisit basic grammar rules such as punctuation and sentence structure.

Lastly, practice as many mock tests as possible under exam conditions. Like any other competitive test, IPMAT is about strategy. As you take mocks, you’ll develop a test-taking strategy that leverages your strengths. Review your formula notebook and the tips and tricks you’ve gathered for each section to boost your confidence. Simulate test conditions by taking these mocks in a quiet, isolated environment. Don’t wait to finish the entire syllabus before attempting mocks; do them concurrently to refine your approach continuously.

Share to friends
Rating
( No ratings yet )
Leave a Reply

;-) :| :x :twisted: :smile: :shock: :sad: :roll: :razz: :oops: :o :mrgreen: :lol: :idea: :grin: :evil: :cry: :cool: :arrow: :???: :?: :!: